Why Choose AA Asphalting!
- Full Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K Profit Sharing option
- Discounted YMCA membership
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + Holiday pay
- CDL Class A Training program**
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Career growth opportunities
- Over 30 years of experience
- Family & Holiday company sponsored events
- Previous masonry/construction experience
- High attention to detail
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen
- Valid driver’s license
- Organizes and schedules workload in a timely manner so that saw cutting is done prior to crew being assigned to the job.
- Reads Thomas Guide and instructs the saw truck driver as to where to go, what to saw cut, and what equipment or materials will be needed. Ensures that National (saw cutter) has all equipment necessary to complete each job (signs, cones, blades, etc.).
- Sets up and is responsible for traffic control and no parks at job sites where saw cutting is being done. Contacts Traffic Control Supervisor to set up additional flagging as needed.
- Assists saw cutter to ensure all patches are cut to city or county specifications; straight and perpendicular line cuts parallel to the road; and cut to full depth as needed. Vacuums saw slurry when required.
- Oversees job by making sure it is done properly and to AA’s highest quality standards. Checks all work for quality periodically and at the end of the job.
- Solves problems as they arise and calls superintendent and inspectors for assistance if unable to resolve the problem.
- Completes all related paperwork correctly, and on time, by the following morning, with few exceptions: work orders, emergency slips, accident reports and complete log book. Transfers saw cutting to crew requests.
- Documents all work that is to be done at each site for the Foreman and crew (i.e., no parks, steel plates, heavy traffic, parking meters, metro, call a day in advance before beginning the job, etc.).
- Performs all aspects of the job and trains others in all aspects as needed.
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations and policies in all operations. This includes flagging and truck and equipment operations.
If this looks like your next opportunity, contact us now!