ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Determines traffic routing plan particular to job-site that is in compliance with regulations and can be used effectively during working hours.
- Coordinates flagging duties of flaggers on jobsite.
- Must be able to perform all aspects of the job and train others in all aspects as well.
- Sets up jobsite signs, cones, etc. and breaks down at end of job. Cleans up jobsite including sweeping, putting away tools and organizing tools on flatbed.
- Directs traffic by using sign paddle appropriately.
- Performs No Park Coordinator duties as needed, including setting up and removing no park signs, evaluating jobsites for potential problems, communicating with the office, etc.
- Solves problems as they arise and calls Superintendent for assistance if unable to resolve a problem. Discusses problems arising with the crew with the Superintendent of that crew.
- Performs laborer duties as needed.
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations and policies in all operations. Reports to Safety Manager any safety concerns, accidents or safety violations.